We appreciate your support of our ministry through advertisements.
The West Michigan Christian News is a weekly Christian newspaper celebrating its 16th year. WMCN is packed with news, features and events that address the Christian community. WMCN is a publication that endeavors to reach out to those who do not know Jesus Christ as their Savior.
Value to our current readers…
- Local news of interest to Christians, prepared by Christians in an easy to read format.
- Local Christian columnists presenting articles of inspiration, encouragement and hope.
- National and world news provided by Christian news sources.
- Over one million copies have been printed to date.
Coming value to the community….
- To better serve the community, WMCN is preparing to launch its online version of the newspaper.
- Same great articles from the Christian perspective plus more.
- “The Calendar” a free listing of Christian events in Kent and Ottawa counties.
- Classifieds for Christians, job postings and more
Value to our advertisers…..
- The WMCN is a trusted resource that people save for its news, information and advertisements.
- Provides a way to reach the Christian audience which looks forward to receiving this quality newspaper each week. Ads in WMCN have exposure for a whole month – not just a day or week.
Who reads the paper?
A 2008 study by the Fellowship of Christian newspapers found that the readers are typically homeowners, highly involved in the community, and possess above average purchasing power. They trust the newspaper as a source of reliable information. Some interesting statistics: 57% of readers are women, 75% are married, 29% are self-employed, 58% earned $50,000 or more annually, 50% attend church 2-3 times a week, 34% spend 4 + hours a day on the Internet, 77 % own their own home, 78% have a college education, 85% report reading most or all of the newspaper each month and after reading their copy may save it or pass it on to family or friends.